Make sure that you display this dish as a dessert or your guests will not know that this is a sweet.
1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry
3 cups filling of your choice (savory or sweet)
1 egg, beaten
red food coloring
- Thaw puff pastry according to package’s directions. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a 9 x 13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Divide each sheet of puff pastry lengthwise into 6 strips.
- Lightly flour an expansive counter or other surface and lay each strip next to one another.
- Press and seal the seams between strips.
- Spread your filling of choice down the entire length of the dough, leaving a bit of space on each side to pinch closed.
- Pinch the entire length of the dough closed, stretching the dough slightly around the filling as you go.
- Carefully lift intestine onto baking sheet, seam-side down, and form an “intestine-like” pattern.
- Brush puff pastry with beaten egg.
- Dip small paintbrush into red food coloring and draw ”blood” in the creases.
- Bake about 20 minutes, or until golden brown.